"Even When It Hurts (Praise Song)"
Take this fainted heart
Take these tainted hands
Wash me in Your love
Come like grace again
Even when my strength is lost
I'll praise You
Even when I have no song
I'll praise You
Even when it's hard to find the words
Louder then I'll sing Your praise
I will only sing Your praise
I will only sing Your praise
I will only sing Your praise
Take these tainted hands
Wash me in Your love
Come like grace again
Even when my strength is lost
I'll praise You
Even when I have no song
I'll praise You
Even when it's hard to find the words
Louder then I'll sing Your praise
I will only sing Your praise
I will only sing Your praise
I will only sing Your praise
Take this mountain weight
Take these ocean tears
Hold me through the trial
Come like hope again
Even when the fight seems lost
I'll praise You
Even when it hurts like hell
I'll praise You
Even when it makes no sense to sing
Louder then I'll sing Your praise
I will only sing Your praise
I will only sing Your praise
I will only sing Your praise
“If
I say, “Surely the darkness will overwhelm me, And the light around me will be
night.” Even the darkness is not dark to
You. And the darkness is as bright as
the day.” Psalm 139:11-12
“The
enemy pursues me, he crushes me to the ground; he makes me dwell in darkness
like those long dead. So my spirit grows
faint within me; my heart within me is dismayed. I remember the days of long ago; I meditate
on all Your works and consider what Your hands have done. I spread out my hand to You, my soul thirsts
for You like a parched land … Let the morning bring me Word of Your unfailing
love. For I have put my trust in
You. Show me the way I should go for to
You I lift up my soul.” Psalm 143:3-6,8
You are back here again. You sigh, recognizing the claw marks in the
side of this pit as your own from previous falls. You’ve been here a thousand times
before. You had really hoped you’d be
past this by now. You feel defeated,
completely depleted of energy … hope disappeared long ago. “How, Lord” you ask, “How can I do this
again?” “What is the point?” you ask,
“How can I do this again?” You don’t
even want Me to reawaken your hope because you fear it will lead to the
disappointment that finally breaks you.
You say the darkness has fallen upon me, and it’s crushing what light
you had left. You sit down in your pit,
head hanging, staring at the ground wondering how long until it swallows
you. You’ve no will to fight your way
out again. Your spirit is dismayed
within you. What do you do when you
simply can’t do anymore? (1) Remember:
no matter how distant the days seem to you now, remember My mighty hand—the
hand of the Lord your God moving on your behalf. Remember My loving-kindness towards you. Remember how I delivered you from the pit the
last thousand times. Remember and
worship. Spread out your hands in loving
surrender. Release yourself to My
furious love. I will deliver you yet
again. My hand is mighty to save (Zeph.
3:17). Morning will bring news of My
unfailing love for you. You have put
your trust in Me, and I will show you the way to go. I will lift up your soul from the pit and set
your feet upon the high places. (2) Come
to Me like a little child: I don’t expect you to have the strength to dig your
way out, I expect you to curl up in My lap and lay your head against My
chest. I expect you to surrender
yourself to My embrace like a little child.
I know you can’t handle all the storms, traumas, pain and hardships that
life brings. I know you can’t handle the
disappointments, broken dreams, and soul rendings that come from living in a
fallen world. Have the willingness of a
little child to cry it all out in My arms.
I will never leave you without support, alone (Heb. 13:5b-6 AMP); I will
always be here. Leave your pain and
brokenness with Me and I will lift you up (James 4:10).
I will give you the faith of a little
child. The innocent comfort a small
child has in the protection and provision of her Daddy. When circumstances become too much she goes
running to the comfort and security of her parent. She knows that all will be well despite her
own powerlessness, because she is well loved and protected. The little children are the greatest in the
Kingdom because, “these little ones believe in Me” (Matt. 18:6). Their assurance is rock steady; no one is
stronger, better or more loving than their Daddy. No one can fix things like Him.
“He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire;
He set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand.” Psalm
40:2
No comments:
Post a Comment