Saturday, January 16, 2016

Do Not Weary in Well Doing



“Do not weary in well doing for in due season you shall reap if you faint not.”  Gal. 6:9
“And they came to Bethlehem at the time of the barley harvest.”  Ruth 1:22

Ruth sowed the seed of doing good at a time of difficulty.  She decided to follow after Me even when it was difficult.  She didn’t return to her parents, people and false gods even though that was the easiest and seemingly best path.  She chose the difficult path of faith, love, and duty.  And she faced a future she was neither equal to nor familiar with.  She chose Me.  And I brought her to Bethlehem (the house of Bread) right at harvest time.  You have sown in tears.  You chose the difficult path of faith and faced a future you were neither equal to nor familiar with.  I met you there and I continue to meet you there.  I have led you to a house of bread right at the cusp of harvest time.  Through your steps of faith, you get to join in the work and the harvest.  Now is not the time to get discouraged and give up.  What if Ruth had given up and turned around like Orpah?  She would have missed out on the harvest, a new home, a new family, a heartfelt bond with Naomi, being in the line of the Messiah, an honored place in Scripture, and most importantly becoming one of My very own people.  Don’t give up.  Don’t turn around.  Don’t seek after your past.  Go forward—move forward.  You have the bright future of My promise ahead of you.  Push on into the harvest time I have brought you to.

1/8/16

1 comment:

  1. Love it! So encouraging! I think my Bethlehem is Orlando. I'm in a season of wait and trust right now. Thank you for sharing this word.

    ReplyDelete